Zagreb Pride is a queer-feminist and anti-fascist organization which is committed to the achievement of an active society of solidarity and equality free from gender sexual norms and categories, and any other kind of oppression.
Zagreb Pride strives towards an active society of solidarity, equality, equity and social justice, which is achieved through the deconstruction of the patriarchy in all its forms, whilst acknowledging every person’s right to self-determination, self-identification and self-definition. Through education, research, advocacy, empowerment and direct action, Zagreb Pride struggles for rights of LGBTIQ individuals and community, non-normative families, and society as a whole, and works on the elimination of all forms of discrimination based on the full promotion, respect and protection of human rights.
Zagreb Pride exists for the achievement of social justice and systematic improvement of LGBTIQ rights through advocacy for public good. We consistently, publicly, vocally and directly fight against homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, sexism, chauvinism, misogyny, racism and all forms of exclusiveness. Zagreb Pride is a progressive force which continually puts in focus societal problems and encourages all forms of public- society, stakeholders and LGBTIQ community- to transform the society and make it more equal and equitable for everyone.
As an informal group under various LGBT and related organizations Zagreb Pride has been active since 2002., and since 10.09.2008. it is registered as a non-government organization.
Fields of work
- Organizing Zagreb Pride – Pride parade of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer individuals and accompanying events
- Promotion and protection of human rights of LGBTIQ individuals, as well as promotion and education about human rights
- Promotion of LGBTIQ culture
- Pointing out problems with sexism, homophobia, lesbophobia, biphobia and transphobia in society
- Prevention and pointing out discrimination and violence based on sex, gender, sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation and intersex characteristics
- Developing solidarity in the LGBTIQ community
- Organizing workshops, courses, lectures, seminars, tribunes, congresses and other activities which are accordant with the goals and principles of our association
- Logistic support with the organization of LGBITQ Pride parade and accompanying events, and other public gatherings of LGBITQ individuals
- Joining and strengthening of national, regional (South-East European) and international LGBITQ movement
- LGBTIQ publishing, video and web production
- Cooperation with the public and media