The Pride March of LGBTIQ persons and families, the longest-running political protest in Croatia which has been held for 18 years in Zagreb, would not be possible without Pride volunteers – persons who decide to devote their free time to change society and improve the rights of LGBTIQ persons. Pride volunteers don’t have to identify as LGBTIQ, but they should support the struggle for the rights of LGBTIQ persons and have the desire to build a society without homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, sexism, chauvinism, militarism, xenophobia, misogyny, racism and all forms of exclusivity and the wish to promote equality, justice and the right to love.
Each year, Zagreb Pride brings together a team of dedicated and reliable individuals who are actively involved in organizing the Pride March and cultural-educational-activist activities during Pride Month. The organization of the Pride March (June 13th) and Pride Month (begins on May 17th) is done in small teams which work together at weekly meetings on a specific segment of the organization. Each volunteer, of course, chooses how they will participate and in which area. Don’t worry if you don’t have any experience – before we begin, we will organize educative workshops all volunteers have to attend – so you can get to know our team and how we work.
What can you expect from volunteering:
- a safe space and supportive atmosphere
- meeting new people who share your values and interests
- developing the skills needed to organize a public event
- the experience of coordinated team work
- participation in the organization of the largest political protest in Croatia
What we expect from you:
- the desire to change society for the better and to act in accordance with the values of Zagreb Pride
- contribution to the planning, organization and originality of the program in Pride Month
- contribution to our struggle with the labyrinth of administration
- contribution to the mobilizing of the community to participate and join the LGBTIQ movement
- great ideas for Pride Month parties and much, much more
Applications are open until February 15, 2020, and all you need to do is fill out this form. Join us and be part of the change and / or ask others to join as well! 🙂