Safety Instructions for the Pride March
- Come brimming with good will, patience, and tolerance. Express yourself politically, physically, and in any other non-violent way, and respect the expression of others.
- In case you notice persons endangering or whom you suspect might endanger the event, report to the nearest security or police officer.
- We ask that for your own safety you not respond to verbal provocation, in case there is any. The police and security services are responsible for answering all physical provocation and violence. If the police fails to react to hate speech, report to us!
- Zagreb Pride acts in accordance with the principles of non-violence and we refuse to retaliate -- in any form.
- If you feel that police personnel is in any way pushing you around, addressing you with unwanted comments, or insulting you in any way, report to someone from Zagreb Pride. Also, ask the police officer to identify her-/himself. Law enforcement authorities are here to serve us!
- We ask all participants to carefully follow the instructions of the organizers of Zagreb Pride announced by the hosts of the event from stage or from loudspeakers.
- We recommend you bring as little as possible with you to the event. Water will be available in the Zrinjevac Park, after the Pride Parade. Take care of packaging and do not litter - Zagreb Pride is eco-friendly.
- For all additional information you can ask the nearest security officer or volunteer, who will direct you to someone from the organization (we will be wearing accreditations) in case they themselves can't help you. Please follow this procedure.
- After the event, disperse in G R O U P S. We recommend not wearing any visible Zagreb Pride markings if you're staying in town. You are all invited to a gathering at AKC Medika, Pierottijeva 11. An increased police presence is town will remain shorty after the event, mostly down the so-called Green Wave (Vukotinićeva - J. Žerjavića - Baruna Trenka - Pavla Hatza).
You are all invited and welcome to "Partycipacija" in AKC Medika, Pierottijeva 11. Two floors. Entry 30 kn (€4.2). Police will monitor the whole of Pierottijeva, and within Medika there will be a larger number of security personnel.
Behavior In Case of Tear Gas Attack
Tear gas is an irritant that out in the open leaves no permanent consequences to the person affected by it, but it does cause a tearing up of the eyes and the sensation of suffocating. If gas smoke comes into contact with the eyes, DO NOT BY ANY MEANS wash the eyes out with water or rub with your hand, but cry it out. Follow instructions from the organizers and/or the police.
In Case of Physical Assault
- You have the right to defend yourself from physical assault!
- Scream (e.g. "The police is coming!"); if you try to escape, go to a place with plenty of people (cafe bars, shops...). If you aren't able to escape, protect your head with your arms.
- Use your phone to dial for police at 192 or 112; ask for emergency medical assistance by calling 194 or go immediately to the first ER service (the closest to the Parade is Traumatology in Draškovićeva). It is vital that you request medical assistance IMMEDIATELY, even if you do not feel more seriously hurt. Internal injuries may not cause the feeling of pain immediately and unless receiving medical treatment as soon as possible, there may be more serious consequences. Asking for medical treatment is also important for a possible future court procedure.
- After dialing for the ambulance, speak to the Rozi megafon (violent attack or discrimination hotline) or directly to Marko at +385 (0) 95 90 21 445.